Inspired by another Pintrest find, and with the holidays coming up, I decided to try making my own envelopes and notecards. I found some scrapbooking paper at TJ Maxx for $5.99 for 48 sheets of cardstock. There’s lots of cool vintage designs. I roughly followed Poppytalk\’s tutorial on easy tiny envelopes.
*1 sheet 12×12 scrapbooking cardstock
*2 sheets 8.5×12 white cardstock to use for a template
*hot glue gun
1) I took apart an envelope I found at home (poppytalk suggests soaking it in water so the glue loosens up and you don’t end up ripping the envelope – I was too impatient for that so I just ripped it).
2) Using white cardstock paper, I traced the envelope and cut out a template.
3) I chose the scrapbook paper that I wanted to use, traced using the template, and cut out my envelope.
4) I cut out a card template to fit inside the envelope and made the card to match.
5) I folded each of the flaps (here’s where using cardstock was probably not the best choice because it’s hard to fold).
6) Using my hot glue gun, I glued the sides of the envelope together.
7) After writing my note on the notecard, I used a glue stick to glue the top of the envelope shut. I had to hold it down to make the glue stay but it worked!
8) I made a flower to add detail using circles of cardstock. Here’s the finished product!
I will definitely be making more cards like this for the holidays! Enjoy! (PS Sorry the pictures are so dark – I need to find a good place to take pictures of my crafts.)